More than 9,600 of America’s best and brightest high school students traveled to Maryland to Elevate Their Futures as they competed for the opportunity to win more than $175,000 in cash awards.
Today's Top Stories
The Congressional primary in Mississippi will be held Tuesday, June 5th. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
Candidates seeking congressional offices are:
U.S. Senate - Democratic
The Baptist Heritage Conference will meet on May 21 and 22 at Mississippi Baptist Bible Institute 217 Houston Road Laurel, MS. The course HI-133-Baptist History III will be offered in conjunction with the conference.
• Raymond Robinson, 33, bm, arrested by QPD for possesession of paraphernalia
• Justin Beckman, 34, wm, arrested by CCSO for no driver’s license, improper equipment, no turn signal, improper turning, DUI other, expired tag, no proof of liability insurance
Four volunteer fire departments responded to a house fire Thursday, May 3rd in the Elwood Community. The home of Charles Busby was a total loss. Fire Coordinator Eddie Ivy stated the fire has been ruled accidental and there were no injuries.
Students across Mississippi are invited to get outdoors and participate in the 2018 North Mississippi Fish Hatchery Youth Art Contest. Each student must submit a portfolio including entry form and artwork to the Visitor Education Center (VEC) by May 10, 2018.
• Christopher M. Johnson, 27, bm, arrested by CCSO for trespassing and felony warrants.
• Marion Isadore Oswald, 49, wm, arrested by QPD for simple assault
• Melissa Voivedich, 35, wf, arrested by QPD for simple assault
Mississippi and other states across the Nation are entering the first major phase of the 2020 Census: comparing local address information received from states, counties, and municipalities to address information housed at the U.S. Census Bureau.
United Blood Services invites you to join our fiesta of life by donating blood! May marks a time of year when blood donations decline drastically. However, with increased outdoor activities and traveling, the need for blood donations incre
Mark your calendars because you will not want to miss the Clarke County Standing against Cancer event. The May 5th event will be held at Archusa Water Park from 11 am. until 3 p.m.